Safety at Miro
- Safety at Miro
Safety & Security At Miro International Preschool
Our staff is constantly monitoring the environment at our center to insure that all children can play, learn, and interact in a safe and nurturing indoor and outdoor classroom.
- Safety starts with perimeter cameras and a door key, where families must key in to reach the front door.
- Sign in and sign out is done by entering a personalized code into an iPad, and signature is required.
- Your child will be released only to those individuals whom you list in the child’s enrollment records. A Photo I.D. is required.
- Parents or guardians may enter the facility at any time to observe or pick up their child.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are performed on all staff and volunteers.
- Fences and locked gates surround the facility.
- Low teacher-child ratios ensure that there are sufficient teachers and other adults available to adequately supervise the children in care.
- Classroom doors and classroom walls have windows for monitoring.
- Our staff is certified in CPR and First Aid.
- We are a well center, monitoring every child’s health on a daily basis. We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- Toys, surfaces, and floors are sanitized throughout the day to prevent the spread of germs. We have a wonderful custodian who is here Monday – Friday during school hours to keep our school clean, and safe.
- A evacuation plan has been developed and is regularly reviewed by the staff. It is available in the main office.